Wednesday, April 28, 2010

En route to Montreal (part 4)

Without seeming too much like a hypocrite in my post below, I confess that there is great joy in having gathered 272 favorite songs and then hitting the shuffle function to see what comes forth. I get to make sure that the dj's next pick is sure to be something that I will enjoy.

This train ride has allowed me to enjoy Elvis Costello, John Hiatt, Aimee Mann, Dave Matthews, Annie Lennox, Aimee Mann singing Carly Simon, The Del Fuegos, Peter Gabriel, James Brown's "Sex Machine" followed by Lyle Lovett's "Old Friends", then a Rainy Night in Soho followed by a plead to Finish What You Started. Some Joe Jackson "Shape in a Drape", Peter Gabriel again asking to "Lay Your Hands on Me"

And now it's Warren Zevon singing "Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum, hoist the main sail, here I come. Ain't no room on board for the insincere. You're my witness, I'm your mutineer".

The ipod: it can be used for good as well as evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment