Thursday, April 29, 2010

Back from Montreal (Part 1)

The used cd stores in Montreal did not disappoint.

Purchased items...

David Byrne and Fatboy Slim's "Here Lies Love"

Rickie Lee Jones "Sermon on Exposition Blvd."

Juliet Letters by Kerry-Anne Kutz (which is a huge blind buy based on my love of Elvis).

And a real surprise find was "Ovo" by Peter Gabriel. Somehow I utterly missed this release that is now 10 years old. One would think with all the knowledge of wikipedia at my fingertips that I would have known of the cd, but such are the wonders of used cd stores: discovering music that you didn't know you wanted.

And it was a terrifically timely discovery because that evening when we saw Peter Gabriel in concert the show finished with "The Nest That Sailed the Sky" -- a song that I'm unfamiliar with but now look forward to hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment