Monday, April 4, 2011

Stuck In My Head

There must be some reason, some scientific explanation, as to why it happens. Last week it was Paul Simon's "Something So Right" and not even "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" by AC/DC could knock it down. And today it's "Que Sera Sera". It might even be sung by Doris Day. In my head -- somehow I've got Doris Day stuck in my head. Because once it worms its way into my mind it seems to really, really be stuck in their. One would think that AC/DC blaring from a bar as I walked by would be enough to kick the shit out of Paul Simon. It wasn't even as if I'd been listening to Rhymin' Simon that morning -- but somehow he won when put up against the much more anthematic band from down under. I've had "Que Sera Sera" stuck in my head before. It's not a bad thing. But it is kind of strange considering I don't own the song (honest I don't!!!!). Yet, somehow, there it is firmly wedged in for the duration. I wonder if AC/DC could kick the crap out of Doris Day. They couldn't win against Paul Simon. I wonder if they even want to try because I imagine that defeat would be very, very humiliating.

No comments:

Post a Comment