Friday, May 7, 2010

May the Fourth Go Away

Star Wars has saddened me.

Because it was Star Wars that made me bitter and feel that things had got worse.

While I was out with friends the other night, someone at the table said, "It's not like the old days," and I replied, "It's never like the old days."

And I remember the f
irst time I ever felt that way: Star Wars, the most recent crap-fest trilogy, made me feel that way.

Because those movies are shit and the originals are better. And only old people say stuff like "It's not as good as the original" or "It's not like the old days."


And that, my friends, is why Star Wars can bite me.

Because they made me feel old.

1 comment:

  1. I can commiserate. The other day at the gym, I asked my trainer if he recognized the Duran Duran song that was playing on the sound system. He did: he recognized it as a song he danced to in--wait for it--elementary school.

    ReplyDelete